10.08.2008

Quotes from Glenngarry Glenn Ross

Link to view Glenngarry Glenn Ross sales meeting:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WCcKIkMp8Y
Blake: These are the new leads. These are the Glengarry leads. And to you they're gold, and you don't get them. Why? Because to give them to you would be throwing them away. They're for closers.
Blake: We're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anybody want to see second prize? [Holds up prize] Blake: Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.
Blake: Your name is "you're wanting", and you can't play the man's game, you can't close them, and then tell your wife your troubles. 'Cause only one thing counts in this world: get them to sign on the line which is dotted. You hear me you fuckin' faggots?
Blake: A-B-C. A-Always, B-Be, C-Closing. Always be closing, always be closing.
Ricky Roma: They say that it was so hot in the city today, grown men were walking up to cops on street corners begging them to shoot.
Dave Moss: We don't gotta sit here and listen to this. Blake: You CERTAINLY don't pal, 'cause the good news is - you're fired.
Blake: Put. That coffee. Down. [pause] Blake: Coffee's for closers only.
[after learning that the Lingk sale has been filed] Ricky Roma: You filed it, that puts me over the fuckin' top, I want my Cadillac. I don't wanna hear no fuckin' shit and I don't give a shit. Lingk puts me over the top. You filed it, it went downtown, now you owe me the car.
Williamson: The leads are coming! Shelley Levene: Get 'em to me! Williamson: I talked to Mitch and Murray an hour ago. They're coming in, you understand. They're a bit upset about this morning's... Shelley Levene: Did yo tell 'em about my sale? Williamson: How could I tell them about your sale? I don't even have a teleph - I'll tell them about your sale when they bring in the leads, all right? Shelley, all right? You closed a deal. Fine. You made a good sale, fine. Shelley Levene: It's better than a good sale. It's... Williamson: Look, I have a lot on my mind right now. They're coming in, all right? They're very upset, I'm trying to make some sense... Shelley Levene: I'm telling you - the one thing you can tell them is that it's a remarkable sale. Williamson: The only thing 'remarkable' about it is who you made it to. Shelley Levene: What the FUCK does that mean? Williamson: That if the sale sticks, it'll be a miracle. Shelley Levene: What does that mean? Why would it not... Oh, fuck you. You do not know your job. That's what I'm saying. You do not know your job. That's what I'm saying. A man IS his job and you are fucked at yours.
Ricky Roma: WHAT YOU'RE HIRED FOR, is to help us... does that seem clear to you? TO HELP US, not to... FUCK-US-UP... to help those who are going out there to try to earn a living... You fairy. You company man.
Dave Moss: You got the memory of a fucking fly.
Blake: And to answer you question, pal, why am I here? I came here because Mitch and Murray asked me to. They asked me for a favor. I said the real favor, follow my advice and fire your fucking ass because a loser is a loser.
Ricky Roma: You never open your mouth until you know what the shot is.
Blake: You call yourself a salesman, you son of a bitch?
Blake: You want to know what it takes to sell real estate? It takes BRASS BALLS to sell real estate.
Ricky Roma: You stupid fucking cunt. You, Williamson, I'm talking to you, shithead. You just cost me $6,000. Six thousand dollars, and one Cadillac. That's right. What are you going to do about it? What are you going to do about it, asshole? You're fucking shit. Where did you learn your trade, you stupid fucking cunt, you idiot? Who ever told you that you could work with men? Oh, I'm gonna have your job, shithead.
Williamson: You've got a big mouth... now I'm gonna show you an even bigger one.
Shelley Levene: Williamson! Williamson! Put me on the board! Put me on the Cadillac board!
Blake: A-I-D-A. Attention, Interest, Decision, Action. Attention - Do I have you attention? Interest - Are you interested? I know you are, because it's fuck or walk. You close or you hit the bricks. Decision - Have you made your decision for Christ? And Action.
Blake: A-I-D-A. Get out there - you got the prospects coming in. You think they came in to get out of the rain? A guy don't walk on the lot lest he wants to buy. They're sitting out there waiting to give you their money. Are you gonna take it? Are you man enough to take it?
Ricky Roma: I subscribe to the law of contrary public opinion... If everyone thinks one thing, then I say, bet the other way...

No comments: